Tuesday, August 29, 2006

STONEDDD...

Just returned home from the recording of Psalm 78. Heard it will be uploaded to the church website after anniversary. I love doing recording. I love being around the twins and a wonderful lineup of musicians. We have Eugene on percussions, the talented Meya from Filipino group on brass and strings, Fenny on organ, Gerald on piano, Geoffrey on bass, Uncle Albert the screaming guitarist on electric guitar and last but not least Wendy on the drums. I love to do recording with them, they are great musicians. Feelin a bit tired after doing the recording, run up and down...old already, I need a disciple!

Anyway, was reading Ezekiel 22-23 today. I was thinking to myself, wa God is a really angry God, relentless in punishing his children for their wrong doing. Since they are always disobedient, why not just let them suffer, they will come back anyway. But amidst all the anger, jealousy and punishment, I began to see a God who is truly loving. He loved us so much that He will choose not to be passive about our sin. Rather He actively steps out to discipline, and to bring us back.

I'm very much like a hired hand many times. I think to myself, if I correct you, you don't want to listen then too bad la, I'll just leave you alone. You suffer it's not my business. I wash my hands off your case. God corrected me of this kind of passiveness today.

It's great to know that I have a God who actively fights for my heart. Now, I have to look for opportunities to apply this kind of love to others as well.

1 comment:

Miss Whale said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.... i like unstructured writing of yours more!!! =D