Friday, August 25, 2006

No Greater Honor

Ah…Finally, handed in my Information and Network Security assignment and completed Database Management Systems assignment. DBMS assignment due date was pushed back to 1 September. That’ll give me more time to check through. Have been sleeping at like 5 for 2 days. Chionging assignment. Actually not chiong, cos both already about 90% done. Just an excuse to enjoy a quiet night. I love the quietness. God touched me 2 nights back just to remind me He’s here with me as I did my assignment. He anointed me with wisdom. Many times when I’ve struggled to the point where I’m just about to give up, He steps in. To give me a spark of wisdom, an idea of how to solve the problem or a sudden understanding of the subject matter. Thank you Lord for your grace, though many times I’ve forgotten you and chosen to struggle on my own. Thank you for helping me see I don’t need to do my life alone. (pun intended…haha no la, I’m referring to God lor! I’ve just realized how funny that sounds…) I always say stupid things. I remember once after an overnight meeting at Seng’s place I asked Seng, “Hey, where can they sleep ar?” He said “orh, can sleep anywhere” Then I announced “Hey! You guys can feel free to sleep around.” SILENCE…CHRONOSPHERE… Anyway, I love this meaningful song titled No Higher Calling. Goes like this:

Down at your feet O Lord
Is the most high place
In your presence Lord
I seek Your face

There is no higher calling
No greater honor
Than to bow and kneel
Before Your throne
I’m amazed at Your glory
Embraced by Your mercy
O Lord I live to worship You

Lovely. Indeed, it’s the most high place. More of You and less of me. I’m stronger kneeling at Your feet than when I’m standing on my own.

1 comment:

Jeff Chong said...

hi roy, had a quick and good read! happy birthday in advance!