Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Best Is Yet To Be

My secondary school slogan. Sounds very cool rite? More than that, it’s meaningful when you know Christ. Indeed, we can all look forward to better days. We’re not home yet.

Went to play badminton with Stanley, Jeremy and Livi today. Was a great time. Really worked out. Perspired like mad. I was very glad to see and talk to Stanley again. Jeremy told me something that was especially encouraging. Told me that Hendra was his best shepherd cos he spent the most quality time with him. I was SO glad to hear that. That meant a lot more to me.

God wants us all to be fruitful. But when everything we do doesn’t seem to bear fruit, will we still praise Him? I’m still working on that. What does “You are more than enough for me” really mean? Am I content with just Him? Can He be my sole reward?

Habakkuk 3:17-18

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen, and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

Everyday we tell ourselves loads of crap. Sometimes we should just tell ourselves to shut up and choose to listen to what God says about us.

John 12:24-25

I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Yo Yo Ma is nice!

No comments: